Goods when imported for commercial purposes needs to follow the customs clearance procedure. The luggages carried by passengers on ships and aeroplanes also need to go in for custom inspection and only after clearance is it allowed to be transported into a particular country.
Customs clearance is a long drill and very process oriented. Hence, it is important for people to be acquainted with the processes and not remain clueless about it while traveling. Let us take a look at some of the important facts of custom clearance procedure in Canada.
Classification of the Custom Clearance Procedure
It is best to classify the customs procedure into different categories for a clearer understanding.
- Transit and transshipment
- Special procedures
- Destruction or abandonment of goods
- Customs bonded zone
This segregation will help you to know better about the drill that you need to abide by.
Types of Customs Procedure
The Procedure Types that the Goods Exported must Follow -
- Downright exportation of goods
- Outward processing of the goods
- Exportation of goods those are temporary
- Re exportation of goods
The Procedure Types that the Goods Imported must Follow -
- Goods imported for using them for your home
- Temporary admission of the goods for using them for your home
- Inward processing
- Re importation of goods
Transit and transshipment
- Domestic transit
- International transit
The Special Procedures have the Following Types
- Free Zone
- The personal effects of any traveler
- International post traffic
- Goods for the diplomatic representative offices and the other organizations with the same diplomatic status across customs border
Destruction or abandonment of goods
- Destruction of goods
- Abandonment of goods
Customs Bonded Zone
- In case of the customs bonded warehouse, the purpose is to provide opportunities to the companies to find out about their markets and the time to pay custom duties and other such relevant taxes.
- The purpose of the customs bonded in the manufacturing areas is basically promoting in the process of manufacturing in the high priority areas and other sectors that is of high importance for the national economy. This improves the ability of the goods to compete with the global market.
- Customs bonded for the construction areas is to promote construction building that is of high importance with the construction materials that come from overseas.
- Customs special zone has the purpose of promoting few sectors’ development in order to implement advanced equipments and development to create an overwhelming environment for investment.
The implementation of the codes of procedures along with the maintenance of the documents and the information required within the selected procedure is extremely important and mandatory.